Contact us to find out how we can help you
Whilst insurance can be a great extra layer of protection for your personal assets, pets and trips, it’s still important to ensure that you’re aware of the terms and conditions and more importantly, the exclusions of your policy.
We take a look at some things that could invalidate your personal insurance, do you do any of these things?
- Lying about key details such as your address
- Not informing your insurer about past accidents or violations
- Putting a lower risk motorist as the main driver and the real motorist as a named driver, called ‘fronting’
- Incorrectly estimating your mileage
- Driving with unsecured pets
- Lettings others drive your car without cover in place
- Charging for lifts
- Not securing your home, such as leaving doors unlocked
- Leaving your home unoccupied for over 30 days
- Installing a cat flap without informing your insurer
- Getting a lodger without informing your insurer
- Overestimating the value of your contents
- Sharing holiday photos online
- Failing to call 999 during or following a break in
- Omitting information about pre-existing illnesses or treatment
- Lying about the type of pet(s) you own
- Missing annual health checks or vaccinations
- Not informing your insurer when you move home
- Participating in excluded activities such as adventure sports without sufficient cover
- Misuse of drugs or alcohol
- Not disclosing pre-existing illnesses to your insurer
- Failing to file a police report following theft
- Travelling to banned or dangerous areas
- Asking a stranger to take your photo
- Leaving valuables behind at the poolside
- Using your hotel’s storage room
At Weald, we’ll work with you to ensure that you’re covered for what you need, whilst making you fully aware of any exclusions your policy stipulates. Should you need to make a claim, we’ll work on your behalf to ensure you get a fair outcome and will provide advice and support when you need it.
To find out more, call one of our friendly team on 01959 565678.